CANCELLED - Regional Coach
Sep 18, 2020 - Sep 20, 2020
The Regional Coach Program prepares coaches to develop skaters at the Learn to Train stage in figure skating. Specifically, this context focuses on the STAR 1-5 program which is designed to prepare skaters for success at Learn to Compete. Regional Coaches are qualified to coach all Skate Canada figure skating programs and levels.
- Must have a CanSkate Certified status
- Must be either a registered Skate Canada coach in good standing or a Skate Canada registrant
- Must meet one of the following:
- Have passed one complete Senior Bronze Test (STAR 6), or have passed STAR 5 Freeskate assessment and one additional STAR 5 Assessment
Prior to attending the Regional Coach course, participants are asked to complete an online pre-course through Skate Canada’s eLearning site. This prepares candidates with a base level of knowledge leading into the course. The three-day Regional Coach course builds on coach concepts and topics introduced in CanSkate preparing coaches to venture into their own coaching business. Focusing on the Learn to Train stage of Long-term Athlete Development, the Regional Coach course dives deeper into Biomechanics, skill analysis and skill technique. Coaches are introduced to the STAR 1-5 program and explore the process of assessment. Based on the following learning objectives, the Regional Coach course will prepare coaches to:
- Recognizing correct technique through element analysis.
- Distinguish the best strategies to train and develop skaters at the STAR 1-5 level
- Organize, plan and execute a live session
- Manage their business
Online registration closes at 9:00 PM CST on August 16th, 2020.
A room block has been set up at the Residence Inn by Marriott ($139.00 plus applicable taxes). Deadline for booking is August 16th, 2020. Please indicate you are with Skate Canada - Saskatchewan to receive the rate indicate above.