CanSkate Athlete Award
The purpose of the Section CanSkate Athlete Award is to recognize skaters who have shown enthusiasm and dedication to the CanSkate program throughout the skating season.
- Each skater must be enrolled in the CanSkate for the current registration year
- The skater:
- Demonstrates a positive attitude
- Demonstrates an eagerness to learn and improve skills
- Is cooperative o Participates fully
STARSkate Athlete Award
The purpose of the Section STAR Athlete Award is to recognize skaters who have demonstrated determination and commitment to the STAR program. Recipients of this award have displayed passion for the sport and have achieved success throughout the season, not only within the STAR assessing/testing system but also with personal skill development and growth.
- The winner of this award should reflect the essence of the STAR program, including:
- Personal success
- Displaying spirit and passion for the sport
- Striving for new goals
- Achieving balance within skating and in other areas of life
- Giving back to the sport by assisting at club level (program assistant, volunteering for club events, etc.)
Must not have registered or competed in a CompetitiveSkate (Pre-Novice or higher) category at a Sectional qualifying competition in the current skating season.
Volunteer Coach Award
This award will be given to a professional coach who has contributed to the coaching community through volunteer efforts at the club, region, section or national level. The focus of this award is on volunteer contributions made by professional coaches to the sport of skating.
- A registered Skate Canada professional coach in good standing with a minimum NCCP status of Club Coach (CanSkate) Certified or Regional Coach (STAR) Certified
- An individual who contributes volunteer time in addition to professional coaching time at the club, region, section or national level
- A professional coach who inspires others to embrace the joy of skating
- A professional coach who has demonstrated commitment to the development of the sport of skating
Section Club Volunteer Award
The purpose of the Section Club Volunteer Award is to recognize volunteers who have shown dedication and commitment to the skating. Recipients of this award have demonstrated the enthusiasm and desire to grow skating in Saskatchewan allowing for continued success for the club both on and off the ice.
Each club would be “awarded” a Section Club Volunteer Award to be presented to one (1) recipient as chosen by the Selection Committee. The recipient would receive a certificate.
From these nominations, one (1) recipient per Region would be chosen to receive the Regional Club Volunteer Award presented at the Skate Canada – Saskatchewan Awards Luncheon held in conjunction with the Annual General Meeting OR at their respective Regional Spring Meeting.
Program Assistant Award
The purpose of the Section Program Assistant Award is to recognize dedicated and passionate program assistants who continuously share Skate Canada’s vision with all participants of the program. This award is presented to individuals who are not only great assets to the coaching team on the ice, but also show their commitment off the ice by providing support and assistance to the club and its registrants.
- A currently active program assistant who:
- Has made a significant contribution to his/her club by having assisted skaters, coaches and/or the club executive with programming both on and off the ice
- Is an excellent role model who inspires others to embrace the joy of skating
- Displays a potential for a long-term commitment to the sport of figure skating in the community in a coaching or volunteer role
Section Officials Award
This award encompasses technical representatives, evaluators, judges, referees, technical controllers, technical specialists and data specialists.
- A Skate Canada technical representative, evaluator, judge, referee, technical controller, technical specialist or data specialist who is currently registered with Skate Canada
- Active at the Section level or lower for at least five years
- Demonstrates a knowledge of Skate Canada rules, policies, philosophies and programs
- Is keen to share accurate information with other officials, athletes, coaches, parents and administrators with the interest/intent of developing figure skating and figure skaters in Canada
- An individual who has given quality service to the Section and the organization in general Each section will use its own selection process and will select one winner for that section.
Rising Stars Award
Skate Canada – Saskatchewan is pleased to offer the Rising Stars Awards to recognize two (2) athletes in each club.
Nominations are accepted from Skate Canada – Saskatchewan members, coaches, officials and clubs for skaters they feel demonstrates the following criteria:
- Works hard
- Helps out wherever possible
- Loves what they do
- Assists the club in activities
- Helps other skaters
- Is a great role model and ambassador for skating
The recipient would receive a certificate.
From these nominations, individuals may be considered for the following Skate Canada Achievement Awards: CanSkate Athlete Award or the STARSkate Athlete Award.
- Competitive Coach / Choreographer Award of Excellence
- Club Coach Award of Excellence
- Elizabeth Swan Memorial Award
- Officials Award of Excellence
- Event Volunteer Award of Excellence