Skate Melfort (Nov 27th) is currently looking for a Skate Canada certified coach in good standing to join our STARSkate coaching team. For the 2019-20 skating season, we are skating 2 days a week: Wednesday morning 6:30 AM to 8:30 AM and Friday afternoon 345 PM-545 PM.
The successful candidate must:
- be a minimum Regional Coach Trained/Certified (in training candidates may be considered).
- have completed all STAR 1-5 and STAR 6-Gold modules and training.
- be willing to provide skaters with private, semi-private and group instruction under the direction of Club Program Director
- be willing to work in a team environment
Send resumes to
Alameda Figure Skating Club (Sept 6th) located in Alameda Sask, is currently looking for a Skate Canada Certified coach in good standing for the up coming 2019-2020 skating season. Our skating days are Monday & Thursdays from 4-7.
- Be a minimum of Regional Coach Trained/Certified. In training Candidates may be considered
- First aid Certification
- Completed STAR 1-5 Modules & training
- Coach in good standing
Candidate must be willing to:
- Teach all aspects of the STARSkate Program
- Work in a team environment
- Provide skaters with private, semi-private and/or group sessions
- Help with planning and implementing club events such as annual Ice show
Applications can be emailed to For more information please contact Stacey Brooks @ 306-452-7085
Lanigan Skating Club (Aug 29th) is looking for a CanSkate coach two days a week (Tuesday & Friday) sessions are 5:00 - 7:00 pm with our season running from beginning of November through the first week of March. Wages to be decided in accordance with Skate Canada guidelines.
Please contact Lisa at 306-365-7756 or
The Vibank Skating Club (Aug 19th) is seeking a Regional and CanSkate head coach to join our coaching team for the 2019/2020 season. If you possess enthusiasm and strong teamwork skills, love skating and teaching kids, then we would love to hear from you! Our skating season runs from late October until March.
Our Club’s purpose is to encourage the instruction, practice, enjoyment and advancement of its members in accordance with the Rules, Policies and Procedures of Skate Canada.
- A Regional Certified Coach or higher
- Must be a Coach in Good Standing with Skate Canada
- Must work cooperatively with the current coaching team
- Must have your own transportation or the capability to carpool
- Must have the ability to coach CanSkate and STARSkate skills, dance and be dedicated in encouraging skaters to reach their full potential.
- Strong leadership, management and communication skills
- Goal orientated, and progress driven
- Enjoy working with children and teens
- We offer competitive wages, mileage rates and incentives.
Vibank is 50 km south-east of Regina.
Interested candidates should respond with a current resume and cover letter to Vibank Skating Club at
Weyburn Skating Club (Aug 19th) is seeking to fill a coaching position for the 2019/2020 season. The applicant must be a professional in good standing.
Weyburn Skating Club is located in Southeast Saskatchewan. We boast a large Can Skate enrolment with over 100 skaters annually, and approximately 20 figure skaters ranging in levels from Star 1 to Novice Competitive. Skaters compete at both Regional and Provincial competitions. There is an annual Christmas Show and biennial Carnival.
- Applicants MUST be willing to team coach with existing coaches.
- Provide both group and private lessons to athletes in Can Skate, and STAR Skate
- Plan, develop and implement edge classes, stroking classes and off-ice classes. Off-ice classes to consist of jump techniques, positioning, flexibility, strength and conditioning.
- Identify talented athletes and assist with progression into required programs
- Motivate and evaluate athlete’s performances and modify training programs as necessary
- Assist with planning the Christmas Show and Carnival.
- Provide progress reports and communicate with parents/guardians of athletes
- Travel to competitions, both regional, and provincial
- Be enthusiastic and positive and follow Skate Canada Coaches Code of Ethics, as well as the Weyburn Skating Club Code of Ethics
- Strong communications skills and ability to work with board members
- Attend monthly coaches meetings and board meetings as requested.
- Contract position, mid-August to end of March; average ice time per week is 13 hours per week.
- Be a registered Skate Canada Professional Coach in good standing
- Minimum Regional Coach Certified with the willingness to attain Provincial Coach Certified status.
- Completed the Star 1-5 Modules and Assessor Training.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, leadership, coaching and technical skills required
- Previous coaching experience preferred.
- First Aid Certification
- Respect in Sport
- Skate Canada Code of Ethics
- Willingness to learn and grow with our club.
Please submit resumes to:
Weyburn Skating Club, Box 843, Weyburn, SK S4H 2L1 Or email