Prospect Program Training Day
May 7, 2023
An opportunity to bring together skaters, parents, and coaches for an informative, active, and a fun "team" building experience. Each session will be one hour in length. Skaters will receive a Prospects Program torque and water bottle at the beginning of the day.
- Morning will have edge, turn, and balance exercises needed for good skating skills, elements, and developing finesse.
- Afternoon is a open session, coaches can work with their students and collaborate with other coaches. Their will be some coaches attending who will be available for coaching techniques with jumps and spins.
- Music will be available for coaches.
- Program Coordinator will be on the ice for coaching assistance.
- Team Saskatchewan skaters will be there in the afternoon for demonstrations and assistance.
- Certified trainer with balance, agility, and control exercises.
- Jump and spin class instructed by our High Performance and Elite Sask. Team members.
- In the afternoon there will be information from a judges perspective, and making a strategic plan for a skating pathway.
- Skaters are grouped by skating level and age.
- Approximately 12 to 14 skaters in each group.
- We may change some skater’s group between morning and afternoon.
Bring water bottle and snacks for the day. Bring good off-ice training shoes and clothes. Skaters are responsible for their lunch.