RESCHEDULED CanSkate Coach Clinic
May 5, 2023 - May 7, 2023
The NCCP CanSkate context prepares coaches to teach skating at the FUNdamental stage of development as well as deliver the CanSkate program. Coaches are introduced to biomechanics, skill analysis and quality delivery standards. CanSkate Coaches are eligible to coach at the CanSkate level only.
- Must be a Skate Canada registrant
- Must be at least 15 years of age
- Must have passed one complete STAR 5 assessment
- If you do not meet this requirement, please contact your Section Course Administrator for further details on how to take the Club Coach: CanSkate course
Prior to attending the CanSkate course, participants are asked to complete an online pre-course through Skate Canada’s eLearning site. This prepares candidates with a base level of knowledge leading into the course. The three-day CanSkate course introduces participants to the basics of coaching, which includes an introduction to Long Term Athlete Development, Teaching and Learning, Communication, Biomechanics, and all components of the CanSkate program. Throughout this course, candidates will partake in an interactive learning environment and will reflect on their experiences as a skater and how they can transition into a coach role. Based on the following learning objectives, the CanSkate course will prepare coaches to:
- Recognize factors that affect learning and relate to the Learn to Skate athlete
- Relate CanSkate skills to the four biomechanical principles introduced
- Evaluate CanSkate Skills- recognize errors and strategies to correct the error
- Identify all components of a CanSkate program and can lead a program with confidence
Registration fee $385.00
Online registration closes 9:00 PM (SK) on Tuesday, March 28th, 2023.