CanPowerSkate Coaches' Course
Sep 2, 2023 - Sep 3, 2023
The NCCP CanPowerSkate context prepares coaches to enhance skating skill development at the Learn to Train stage of development for the sports of hockey and ringette. Coaches will also be trained to deliver the CanPowerSkate program. Biomechanics and skill analysis are further developed. Coaches in this context must wear hockey skates and gloves, and bring a hockey or ringette stick to the course.
- Be a Skate Canada registrant or current Skate Canada Coach in good standing
- Be at least 15 years of age
- Have a Skate Canada, Hockey Canada, or Ringette Canada NCCP status
Prior to attending the CanPowerSkate course, participants are asked to complete an online pre-course through Skate Canada’s eLearning site. This prepares candidates with a base level of knowledge leading into the course. The 2-day CanPowerSkate course builds on concepts and topics introduced in CanSkate focusing on the Learn to Train stage of Long Term Athlete Development. The CanPowerSkate Coach course focuses on the technique of skating, application of biomechanics, skill analysis, and the delivery of the CanPowerSkate program. Throughout this course, candidates will partake in an interactive learning environment and will reflect on their experiences. Based on the following learning objectives, the CanPowerSkate course will prepare coaches to:
- Analyze CanPowerSkate skills
- Recognizing correct technique and biomechanical application to CanPowerSkate skills
- Distinguish how to train CanPowerSkate player in a circuit format
- Organize, plan and execute a CanPowerSkate session
Registration Fee: $300.00
Online registrtion closes 9:00 PM (SK) on August 8th, 2023.