Clarification on Restrictions
As many of you heard, the Government of Saskatchewan in conjunction with the Ministry of Health announced restrictions to sport, fitness and dance effective 12:01 AM Friday, November 27th, 2020.
The following is an excerpt from the Government release:
Sport, Fitness and Dance
- All team/group sports, activities, games, competitions, recitals, practices, etc. are suspended, including amateur and recreational leagues for all age groups. Examples include hockey, curling, racquet sports, cheerleading, dance practices in group setting, etc.
- Athletes and dancers 18 years of age and under may continue practicing, conditioning and skills training in groups of eight or fewer, abiding by the required mask use and at least three metres of physical distancing between participants at all times.
- Individual groups of eight may not share a training/rehearsal surface or space at the same time.
- Coaches /trainers are not included in the training group numbers as long as they are masked and maintain a minimum physical distance of three (3) metres.
- Fitness activities and group fitness classes in groups of eight or fewer continues to be permitted, for all ages. Mask use and at least three metres of physical distancing between participants must be maintained.
In addition, there can be a maximum of thirty (30) people in the arena.
So to clarify; Eight (8) or fewer skaters on the entire ice surface, plus coach(es) as long as all have face masks/coverings and they maintain physical distancing of three (3) metres at all times while on the ice and in the dressing room/hallway.
This would apply to all group instruction such as but not limited to CanSkate (Learn to Skate), Parent & Tot, Pre-CanSkate, CanPowerSkate, SynchroSkate, STARSkate and CompetitiveSkate.