Alameda Figure Skating Club (Sept 6th) located in Alameda Sask, is currently looking for a Skate Canada Certified coach in good standing for the up coming 2019-2020 skating season. Our skating days are Monday & Thursdays from 4-7.
Candidate must be willing to:
Applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information please contact Stacey Brooks @ 306-452-7085
Lanigan Skating Club (Aug 29th) is looking for a CanSkate coach two days a week (Tuesday & Friday) sessions are 5:00 - 7:00 pm with our season running from beginning of November through the first week of March. Wages to be decided in accordance with Skate Canada guidelines.
Please contact Lisa at 306-365-7756 or email@example.com
Montmartre Skating Club (Aug 21st)
In search of a CanSkate & STARSkate head coach to join our coaching team for the 2019/2020 season. If you possess enthusiasm and strong teamwork skills, love skating and teaching kids, then we would love to hear from you! Our skating season runs from November (weekly rent ice at Odessa) then once our ice is in December, twice a week until second week of March (approx 29 lessons). Our ice show is scheduled for Sat. Feb.1st at 7 p.m. Montmartre is 90 km south-east of Regina - an hour drive. *We offer competitive wages, mileage rates and incentives*
- A Regional Certified Coach or higher- Must be a Coach in Good Standing with Skate Canada
- Must work cooperatively with the current coaching team
- Must have your own transportation or the capability to carpool
- Must have the ability to coach CanSkate and STARSkate skills, dance and be dedicated in encouraging skaters to reach their full potential.
- Strong leadership, management and communication skills
- Goal orientated, and progress driven- Enjoy working with children and teens
Interested candidates should respond no later than October 15th with a current resume and cover letter to Montmartre Skating Club at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 306-424-7255 for more information.
The Vibank Skating Club (Aug 19th) is seeking a Regional and CanSkate head coach to join our coaching team for the 2019/2020 season. If you possess enthusiasm and strong teamwork skills, love skating and teaching kids, then we would love to hear from you! Our skating season runs from late October until March.
Our Club’s purpose is to encourage the instruction, practice, enjoyment and advancement of its members in accordance with the Rules, Policies and Procedures of Skate Canada.
We offer competitive wages, mileage rates and incentives.
Vibank is 50 km south-east of Regina.
Interested candidates should respond with a current resume and cover letter to Vibank Skating Club at email@example.com
Weyburn Skating Club (Aug 19th) is seeking to fill a coaching position for the 2019/2020 season. The applicant must be a professional in good standing.
Weyburn Skating Club is located in Southeast Saskatchewan. We boast a large Can Skate enrolment with over 100 skaters annually, and approximately 20 figure skaters ranging in levels from Star 1 to Novice Competitive. Skaters compete at both Regional and Provincial competitions. There is an annual Christmas Show and biennial Carnival.
- Applicants MUST be willing to team coach with existing coaches.
- Provide both group and private lessons to athletes in Can Skate, and STAR Skate
- Plan, develop and implement edge classes, stroking classes and off-ice classes. Off-ice classes to consist of jump techniques, positioning, flexibility, strength and conditioning.
- Identify talented athletes and assist with progression into required programs
- Motivate and evaluate athlete’s performances and modify training programs as necessary
- Assist with planning the Christmas Show and Carnival.
- Provide progress reports and communicate with parents/guardians of athletes
- Travel to competitions, both regional, and provincial
- Be enthusiastic and positive and follow Skate Canada Coaches Code of Ethics, as well as the Weyburn Skating Club Code of Ethics
- Strong communications skills and ability to work with board members
- Attend monthly coaches meetings and board meetings as requested.
- Contract position, mid-August to end of March; average ice time per week is 13 hours per week.
- Be a registered Skate Canada Professional Coach in good standing
- Minimum Regional Coach Certified with the willingness to attain Provincial Coach Certified status.
- Completed the Star 1-5 Modules and Assessor Training.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, leadership, coaching and technical skills required
- Previous coaching experience preferred.
- First Aid Certification
- Respect in Sport
- Skate Canada Code of Ethics
- Willingness to learn and grow with our club.
Please submit resumes to:
Weyburn Skating Club
Weyburn, SK S4H 2L1
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Figure 8 Skating Club (June 25th)
About Us: Figure 8 Skating Club is located in Edmonton, AB and is based out of Kenilworth Arena. Our growing club runs programs including PreCanSkate,CanSkate, Intro to Figure Skating, and STARSkate, as well as off ice training. We offer skating 5 days a week Mon/Tues/Wed/Thurs/Sat) from September-March, as well as spring skating from April-June. New this season we will also be running a Kickstart Week in August, with potential to add more summer skating in the future.
The successful candidate will:
Roles & Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will:
9 month contract from September to May, renewal each September
Must be able to commit to being on all CANSkate sessions from Sept-Mar: Mon/Wed/Sat and April-June: Mon/Sat
Please send your resume to: email@example.com
If you have any questions, please contact Sherry Prokopukat firstname.lastname@example.org
Waldheim Skate Club (May 21st) is currently seeking an enthusiastic and motivated head coach for our skating club. Our club offers Can-Skate (1-6) and Star Skate programs. We skate Tuesdays and Thursdays from October until March. Waldheim is located 55 km north of Saskatoon.
- Instruct Can-Skate and Star Skate
- Develop practice plans, choreography, etc.
- Facilitate multiple groups on the ice
- Assist with planning and implementing annual ice carnival
- Availability and competition preparation
- Work closely with board members; to include, but not limited to: program development,
ice carnival and events.
- Track progress of skaters
- Strong organizational, leadership and communication skills
- Registered Coach in good standing with Skate Canada
- Willingness to learn and grow with our Club
- Pairs experience an asset
- Previous coaching experience preferred
- Completed New Star 1-5 module and testing
- Can Skate Certified with Regional Coach Certification
Interested applicants may email their resume and cover letter to:
Or, mail to:
Waldheim Skating Club
Hafford Skating Club (May 1st) is seeking coaching for the 2019/20 season. We are looking for a certified Regional Coach in good standing for our CanSkate and STARSkate programs (we currently have skaters testing from Star 1 - 6). CanSkate coaching is assisted by skaters from our STARSkate Program. We run twice per week within the weekdays of Tuesday to Friday.
Hafford is located 100 km NW of Saskatoon or 60 km east of North Battleford. Since we have natural ice our season typically runs from December to mid-March. We are a small club with 14 registered skaters in 2018/19.
To apply or for more information, please contact email@example.com or call Lisa at 306-549-2266 or call/text Chola at 639-548-7046.
Unity Skating Club (Apr 24th), located in Unity, is currently looking for a Skate Canada Certified Coach in good standing for the upcoming 2019/2020 season. Our skating days are Mondays & Thursdays from 3:45-7:25. We are a club that is expanding fast and are in desperate need of coaches. We run 2 Canskate sessions per day as well as our Star Skate Program. Our Star Skaters range from Star 1-Gold. Our skating season runs from Mid-October to the end of March.
Candidate must be willing to:
The St.Brieux Skating Club (April 10th) is looking for Guest Coaches for the 2019-2020 season for our Pre-Star and Star skaters. We have artificial ice and our season runs from October to March. We are located in between Humboldt and Melfort SK. We have a great 8 member board to work with and skaters who are eager and willing to learn.
Jodene Ferré - President - 306-921-5469
The Clavet Skating Club (Clavet, SK) (Apr 2nd) is currently looking to add to its coaching team for the 2019-2020 skating season. Our club offers a 5-WK Fall School program, complete with a CanPower program. During the regular season, we offer a CanSkate, Rising STARSkate, and STARSkate program with skaters ranging from STAR 1 – Gold level. Applicants must be coaches in good standing with Skate Canada; CanSkate Certification is a must with Regional Coach Certification + CanPower Certification preferred. We skate Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 3:45-6:30PM each day.
Brief Coach Description:
· Team coaching environment, with a variety of group classes and stations offered at all levels of programming
· Primary support for CanSkate and Rising STAR (Advanced CanSkate – STAR 2), with opportunity to coach additional STAR Programs
· CanPower certification (or willingness to obtain) an asset; we offer a kick-start CanPower program at the start of each season, and will be incorporating Pre-Power into our CanSkate program this season
· Strong communication skills, and ability to work with club coaches + executive as we grow our clubInterested applicants, please submit your resume + availability to firstname.lastname@example.org
Estevan Skating Club (Mar 13) is seeking to fill a primary coaching position for the 2019/2020 season. The applicant must be a professional in good standing.
Estevan Skating Club is a dynamic club in southern Saskatchewan. We boast a large CanSkate enrolment with over 100 skaters annually and approximately 30 figure skaters ranging in level from Star 1 to novice competitive. Skaters compete at both Regional and Provincial competitions. A large ice show is held every two years.
Brief job description:
~Applicants must be willing to co-coach with existing coach
~ Provide both group and private lessons
~Travel to competitions, both Regional and Provincial
~Strong communications skills and ability to work with board members
~Contract position, mid-August to end of April; average ice time per week is 11.5 hours.
~Minimum NCCP Level 1
~Completed new Star 1-5 module and testing
~Previous coaching experience
~First Aid Certification
Please submit resumes to:
Estevan Skating Club
Estevan, SK S4A 2A2
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Wynyard (Feb 25th) is located 174 km from Regina and 188 km from Saskatoon on the Yellowhead Highway.
The club is eagerly looking forward to moving into a brand-new arena before the 2019/20 season. We anticipate that our season will run from mid-October until the end of March.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated individual who loves the sport and enjoys working with kids.
Please submit resumes by as soon as possible to:
Wynyard Skating Club
For more information, please contact Denise Mozel 306-554-8047 or email@example.com